The adoption of telemedicine has increased in eye care, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. This chapter focuses on the integration of telemedicine into contact lens care, summarizing recent survey data to provide insights into the current state of telemedicine usage and practitioner perspectives on feasibility.
This data is derived from a survey of eye care professionals distributed by Jobson Medical Information in March of 2023. The survey was created by John D. Gelles, OD, FAAO, FIAOMC, FCLSA, FSLS, FBCLA and Jennifer Waller, Director of Research & Business Analytics at Jobson Research. The survey was disseminated to Jobson’s Eye Care Profession email list. Only Optometrists and Ophthalmologists were qualified to take the survey. There were 313 qualified responses.
>Includes doctors' assessment as to their ability to diagnose various conditions based on actual patient videos.
- TELEMEDICINE ADOPTION
- TELEMEDICINE APPLICATIONS
- TELEMEDICINE FREQUENCY
- TELEMEDICINE USAGE FOR CONTACT LENS PATIENTS
- CONCERNS REGARDING TELEMEDICINE FOR CONTACT LENS PATIENTS
- SUPPORTING TELEMEDICINE IMPLEMENTATION
- PRESCRIBING CONTACT LENSES VIA TELEMEDICINE
- ASSESSING CONTACT LENSES VIA TELEMEDICINE
- EVALUATING CONTACT LENSES
- MAKING CHANGES TO CONTACT LENS PARAMETERS OVER TELEMEDICINE
- GRADING EYE HEALTH WITH CONTACT LENS GRADING SCALES
- BEST MODALITY FOR VIEWING THE EYE
- QUALITY OF PATIENT IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS
- TELEMEDICINE PLATFORMS USED
- BENEFITS AND CHALLENGES OF USING TELEMEDICINE
- PERCEPTIONS OF TELEMEDICINE
Conducted April 2023